Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fun Surprises!

Theme: Mothers

Choosing Time: Little People Village, Bugs, Worms, Books

Science: We were happy to see some of our worms have dug tunnels through the dirt. One child noticed that the strawberry has disappeared. We all noticed that the worm farm stinks!

Snack: Thank you Spencer for the carrots, pears, & cookies! Some kids voted it as, "The best snack ever!"

Special Surprise: We had a fun time making chocolate covered pretzels for our mothers today. I wish you could all have seen how much care and thought went into this simple gift. Each child carefully chose the sprinkles he/she thought mom would like best. It was fun to cook together!

Movement: We danced a "wild thing" rumpus.

Lesson: We had an insightful discussion about mothers. We all shared ideas about what a mother does to help us and to play with us. I shared my ideas of the "best thing my kids can do for me" so that I have time to play more with them. Some of our sharing included, "I help my mom make my bed," "My mom cooks for me," "My mom plays with me, but then she died" (I'm assuming this must be some electronic game :), "My mom buys me toys," "My mom cleans up a lot." To help branch out I asked questions such as, "Who goes to the park with their moms?" "Who goes on walks with mom?" "Who reads books with mom?" "Who likes to help mom in the garden?" All of you mothers are wonderful!

Book: Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? by Eric Carle
I love this book. The moral is: Mothers love their babies no matter what.

Art: Mother's Day Cards & Color "Wild Thing" Masks

No comments:

Post a Comment